Post-doc researcher (one year position), SUPELEC, Gif sur Yvette, Department of Electronics Signals and Systems
• Compression of mechanical vibration signals issued by the plane engines
o In the framework of the MODIPRO project (Modeling and Diagnosis for Prognosis purposes)
o Collaboration with SNECMA
Assistant professor, Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications, Timisoara.
• Since 2008: courses and labs (development and delivery):
o Data Communications (English language course, 3rd year students), http://shannon.etc.upt.ro/teaching/dc-pi/
o Under the coordination and with the technical support of Alcatel-Lucent:
WiMAX Networks (4th year course).
Modern Communication Techniques (French language master).
• Since 2003: delivery of laboratory works and seminars in: Signal Processing, Signals and Systems, Computer Networks Architecture.
o Development of the laboratory works for Computer Networks Architecture: http://shannon.etc.upt.ro/teaching/cna/index.html
• Coordination of a large number of diploma projects.
o Selected topics: Study and simulation of the permutation schemes used in Mobile WiMAX, Interference analysis in WiMAX networks, Network traffic analysis in WiMAX, Study and simulation of the PHY layer transmission techniques in LTE, TCP/IP stack implementation on FPGA
Technical instructor, Alcatel-Lucent University, Timisoara, Romania.
• Member of Wireless team
• Area of competence: state of the art wireless access
• Course development and delivery for ALU’s employees and customers.
• Theoretical courses
o WIMAX(Introduction, Radio Principles and Algorithms, ALU Solution for WiMAX, WiMAX QoS).
o LTE (Introduction, Radio Principles, Smart Antennas in LTE, ALU Solution for LTE).
• Practical courses: RAN Configuration, RAN Supervision and Maintenance, Network Performance Optimization, Network Integration, Local Maintenance of the RAN elements.
o Specific HW devices: Radio base station, Wimax Access Controller, eNodeB, Core Network equipment (routers, switches, blades integrated on ATCA chassis), SUN/Solaris for network monitoring
o Specific SW entities: Centralized operation and maintenance SW, Local maintenance tools, Cisco IOS
• Activities involved: end-to-end network installation and configuration, network migration between different SW/HW releases, network supervision, traffic capture/analysis
• A large number of courses delivered abroad
• Technical Support for ALU customers
• Tight collaboration with the Technical Expertise Center team
Researcher, Telecom Bretagne, Brest, France.
• 6 months internship, in the framework of the research project TELCARD (Télésurveillance médicale de personnes à pathologies cardiaques) coordinated by Professor Jean Marc Boucher, collaboration TELECOM Bretagne-INT Paris.
• Good knowledge of various 2G/3G/4G air interfaces and network architectures
• Advanced knowledge of the TCP/IP protocols: static and dynamic routing, addressing, switching, debugging, QoS mechanisms, VLAN, traffic monitoring and analysis, remote logging (ssh, telnet).
• Programming languages: Matlab, Simulink, C, Labview.
• Operating systems: Windows family, Solaris, Linux, CISCO IOS.
• Network simulators: CISCO Packet Tracer, GNS-3, OPNET